Thursday 4 July 2013

Media: Second Day- Video Analysis


Hey Blogsters, I'm back..
So, it's my second day doing Media GCSE, and I'm already loving it. Today we got told that our task was to analyse a video of our choice, to get a better incite of Media GCSE on a whole.

After alot of thought, I decided to chose the Music Video to the song 'Papaoutai' by 'Stromae', as I believe it has a strong meaning behind the song and video. Although the song itself is in French, the video is very understandable and well made to both entertain the audience and connect with them.

The word 'Papaoutai' means: 'Where is my Dad', and as shown by the video, the boy's Dad is a statue, and as he views all the other kids dancing with their Dad's, he has the constant question of 'Where is my Dad?' which is why the song is called 'Papaoutai'. Another reason as to why I like this video is because of the way it has been recorded. The old fashioned homes, and pastel colours used in the video, make it seem very un-ordinary and unique, which intrigues the viewer. However, at the end, both the Dad and Son turn to statues, which is what makes is quite sad at the same time, but the song then makes it upbeat.

The video has both dancing, singing and a great storyline within it, which is therefore suitable for all ages to watch. Also, it is very humorous as well as sad, which makes it even better. The platform for this video is mainly on Music channels called: 'NRJ hits' and 'M6 music black', as it is a French song and would not necessarily be shown on an English channel. Also, it can be found on Youtube.

Anyway, that was my task for my second move up Day, and I enjoyed telling you abit about the song and video.
I'll be back soon,
Toodles.
28.06.2013


No comments:

Post a Comment